Giving Forth Truth to the Next Generation
It is crying out to God and pouring our soul out to Him.
Through prayer, we let God know what we need. More importantly, prayer is listening to God. It serves as a way to hear the voice of God in our lives. The Bible teaches that we are to pray continually and give thanks in all circumstances (I Thessalonians 5:17).
What is a Prayer Ministry?
Praying with two or three others
There are several reasons why we pray together.
1. God hears and responds to the cries of needy people when they come together for the purpose of prayer
(Psalm 88:1-2; 130:1-2; Matthew 7:7-8).
2. When we pray together, we join Jesus in His prayer for the people of God (John 15:7, 14:13; 17:1-26).
3. Prayer is the most direct way to know God (Ephesians 1:15-23).
4. When we pray together, we help one another to pray better (Ephesians 4:1-6).
5. Praying together is a way to love and serve one another (Ephesians 5:18).
6. Prayer is a primary way to be in touch with the work God is doing in people's lives through His Holy Spirit
(Ephesians 6:18; Romans 8:26).
What is meant by the word "ministry"?
The word "ministry" means service. Christian servants are people who put themselves at God's disposal for the benefit of others. In the Bible, ministry is an activity for which God is able to say, "It is good" (Genesis 1:31). Ministry has significance to God when it is done in faith, hope, and love (I Corinthians 3:9-15; 13:13; I Thessalonians 1:3).
For more information about Prayer Ministry:
Contact: Tom Daugherty, our Prayer director by- Clicking here or
contact the church at 509.487.2786.
© 2017 Fourth Memorial church
Prayer Ministry //
Prayer is the way we make contact with God. It is simple communication with God. Prayer is one of the most self-revealing acts of a human being.